About Me

My photo
A simple way to keep everyone up to date on my life as a young adult and college student.

Friday, August 26, 2011

First week... done

And so ends my first week of my College Adventure. I experienced my first frat party, and sorry... nothing too super cool, no dance floor so... there was nowhere I could bust a move, which was really depressing. I was expecting to draw guys over by my awesome dance moves, but to no avail. Sigma Chi is really spread out so, maybe they should take that into consideration? I had been practicing for so long, *sigh, if I only had a comment card.... that was definitely an example of sarcasm.

First of all I am absolutely in love with all of my art classes. My Art 111 class is immediately after my Math 108 class (yes, math isn't my forte, but that's why God made other people better at math...), and it is seriously such a release. No joke, this Thursday our assignment was to sit outside and draw... BEST! I also have to do a sketch a day, which I will promptly do after I am finished with this entry. Mostly this week was scrambling to figure out how i'm going to pay for sorority fees and art supplies and books, but God works things out for good, because a few other girls offered to share their books with me at half, so at least they're cheaper. Also a wonderful older sister said she would let me borrow any and almost all of her art supplies, so life is good!

What seems to be the coolest aspect of college for me is that there is always someone doing something. I get asked almost all the time if I want to go to a movie, get some pizza, or swing dancing at Theta Chi (single-handedly the BEST fraternity on campus). Of course I had to say no to quite a few things, which is strangely quite freeing.Also, I can go downtown whenever I want (ten minute walk), and the walking actually isn't too bad! And maybe the most confusing thing is not finding where my classes are, but figuring out Blackboard, the evil online returner-inner thingy that enjoys eluding me to my assignments and purpose in life. I did not realize how technologically illiterate I was until I came to college. I guess the best plus is that I don't have to use a lot of paper and printer ink. Although I have a sweet printer that scans, prints, and copies papers, gotta save money.

Since I have been down here I have experienced the wonderful Resonate church, and Cru (formerly known as Campus Crusade for Christ). Both are very encouraging and I can assure you all that I am getting connected. Last night was actually my first night, and it was bliss! lots of cool people who have been through life and sweet events to participate in.

For those of you who are wondering how in the world you live in a house with eighty other girls, it's not as horrible as it sounds. Which is funny for me, because I have never lived in a house with any girls for that matter (besides me ma), and i'm absolutely loving it! Also, we're not all together at the same time... I think I would definitely lose my mind if that was the case. The closet space was not as much of a problem as I thought it was going to be either. I ended up getting rid of a lot of clothes, so if you see something around town that looks like I would have worn it and the girl wearing it says she got it from Plato's Closet or Beau Monde Exchange, it's probably true.

Moscow is so cool, because everything is seriously a ten (maybe 15) minute walk away, but it feels big enough to where you don't and mostly won't know everyone. I feel that my next few years will be very blessed and quite an adventure.

For those of you who are praying for me, thank you so much, it is greatly appreciated and I feel so blessed to have people like you in my life.

Well, I guess that concludes this entry for August 26th, looking forward to a fun weekend in the great Moscow area with great friends, and inexpensive ideas to hang out... I am a college student after all!
~Alyse :)

No comments:

Post a Comment